1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enable Redstone and disable lag

Discussion in 'Showcase your ideas!' started by TurtleTek, Feb 10, 2018.

?

Do you also think redstone should be enabled?

1. Yes, i want to be able to build piston doors and traps in my builds.

2. No, i think it's a bad idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TurtleTek

TurtleTek Dirt Block

2018-02-10_12.04.02.png
    This is a lag machine that is perfectly constructable on your server using whatever redstone is still working (pistons and redstone torches).
    Disabling redstone doesn't remove the possibility to make lag machines but it do remove the possibility to make cool redstone doors and other constructions to add to your builds. To me this is not worth it. I know redstone will cause lag but you can use commands to lower the tickspeed so the redstone works slower and therefore makes less lag or you can make a limit much like the armorstand limit in each chunk with like max 20 pistons on each plot to also counter lag.

People have also made lag using world edit placing fire over their whole plot but nothing is made to remove that. There is no good reason to be able to place fire with world edit because fire is not a "block" you would place a huge ammount of unlike grass or stone.

I suggests that you remove the possibility to place fire with world edit like you did to not be able to place gravity blocks . You should also make redstone enabled but put a "redstone limit" on each plot and maybe lower the tick speed because slow redstone is better than no redstone. Thank you for reading this.

2. Geowing39

Geowing39 Log

you can already make some cool piston doors on the server, you can make all the logic gates, and you can make a t-flip flop as well as infinitely long lines of redstone. you can also power redstone with the cycle tool (/cycle)... redstone, i'd say works fine on the server

3. Zerachia

Zerachia Rustic House

The reason that the plot disables redstone is because no matter how many lag machines you make, it still would have the opposite effect and create more lag. I do not think it is a good idea to enable redstone, and I would go as far to say that many of the staff agree. Also, fire is a block just like any other, and while the animation might cause lag, it would not cause nearly as much lag as redstone or gravity blocks like sand and gravel.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  4. Zerachia

Zerachia Rustic House

Because of these reasons, I don't think that you should be able to use redstone. I mean, logically think about it. 50 players on a server, over 50 plots, each with redstone contraptions on them. It sounds like that would cause a lot of lag.

5. MeowMeowImACat

MeowMeowImACat Stone Block

Unfortunately, Redstone will never be enabled. It is extremely laggy.

6. SpoonsMcGee

SpoonsMcGee Staff Member Guide

I can confirm that we will not be enabling redstone anytime soon. As for fire being placeable with world edit, I have no clue why this is still allowed, and I will bring it up with the devs asap.